Tuesday 7 July, 2020

Apartment fire leaves Georgetown woman homeless

Apartment fire leaves Georgetown woman homeless

Apartment fire leaves Georgetown woman homeless

A fire said to be an act of arson, on Monday morning destroyed an apartment on Randyke Way in George Town, leaving a mother of five children homeless.

According to reports from the police, at around 4:00 am on Monday they responded to a report of a fire at an address on Randyke Way in George Town.

Upon arrival with other emergency personnel, the fire was extinguished however, the apartment sustained fire and extensive smoke damage.

Loop News understands that while the fire damage wasn't extensive, several rooms along with furniture were gassed; leaving the unit uninhabitable.  

No one had been in the apartment at the time.

Fire personnel have since determined that the fire was an act of arson; electronics, namely two televisions and a gaming system, were missing.

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: