Caribbean Airlines launches mobile app
Caribbean Airlines recently launched a mobile app, the latest of its digital products.
The app is designed for iOS and Android devices and features an array of tools to enhance the customers’ travel experience. It's available for free download for Android and iOS users on the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
The new app enables customers to use their mobile devices to:
- book flights to all destinations serviced by Caribbean Airlines and its interline partners
- pay for Caribbean Plus seats or extra baggage
- check-in and select seats via an interactive seat map
- book a domestic flight between Trinidad and Tobago and pay in Trinidad and Tobago dollars
“We are focused on improving our customers’ overall travel experience. Having all the information and options you need at your fingertips definitely helps – which is why we developed your all-in-one travel partner, the Caribbean Airlines Mobile app," Caribbean Airlines CEO Garvin Medera stated at the launch.
"The app makes the booking and managing the travel experience easy and dynamic. I am also pleased that one of the features of the app, is the ability for our customers to pay for flights between Trinidad and Tobago, in Trinidad and Tobago dollars. With the Caribbean Airlines Mobile App added to our digital tools we will further revolutionise how we communicate and interact with our valued customers".
The launch was held at the UWI St Augustine Campus, Department of Computer and Electrical Engineering (DCEE) and was attended by Professor Brian Copeland – Pro-Vice-Chancellor and Campus Principal, Dr Fasil Muddeen – Head of Electrical and Computer Engineering Department and other senior University officials.
Caribbean Airlines also welcomed several UWI DCEE students into its Summer Internship Programme, where they have the opportunity to work on IT related projects alongside the airline’s IT teams.
“For the past two years Caribbean Airlines have participated in our Engineering Internship course. Electrical and Computer Engineering students were offered summer internships with the CAL team and were assessed and then given credits at the final year," Dr Fasil Mudeen, Head of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department said at the event.
"Caribbean Airlines has even continued to mentor the students' post internship and have agreed to co-supervise final year projects in big data, data analytics and software development. I would especially like to compliment Mr Medera who had the vision to recognise the need for this digital transformation and more importantly had the confidence in CAL's IT department and its engineers, our graduates, to rise to the challenge and deliver world-class solutions for our world-class airline.”
Aneel Ali, Caribbean Airlines, Chief Information Officer added: “Today’s launch is aptly held at the UWI’s Department of Computer and Electrical Engineering, a hub for learning and innovation. We are happy to strengthen alliances which will see young, aspiring minds collaborate and innovate which is critical to the development of our entire Caribbean region. We look forward to mutually beneficial learning and working experience with our new UWI DCEE Summer Interns.”
The functionality of the Caribbean Airlines Mobile App will be rolled out in phases. Some of the features which are immediately available include:
- A home screen that shows your upcoming flights where you can view your trip details easily and check-in 24hrs prior to departure
- View your digital boarding pass which can be scanned at departure gates regionally where airport facilities allow.
- In-app notifications, once customers subscribe at booking or check-in, you can receive notifications for any irregularities that may come up during your flight journey with us (gate changes, flight delays etc.)
- Easy to access home screen icons to check-in, manage your booking and view flight status
- Ability to create and store a local profile. This personal data is stored locally on your device for easy fill in during booking. Profile information can be entered once to be used at any time when booking - First Name, Last Name, Caribbean Miles number, Travel document details etc.
- Menu for quick access to book a car, book a hotel, access flight schedules, services and info providing quick links to other unique Caribbean Airlines products and services such as Caribbean Upgrade, Club Caribbean, Caribbean Vacations, Duty-Free, Caribbean Flight Notifications and more!
- Live chat facility to be able to webchat with an agent digitally during our call centre hours.
- Help Centre quick link access to be able to access FAQs
- Ability to book a domestic flight between Trinidad and Tobago and pay in TTD currency