The Cayman Islands cleans up “top” tourism lists in 2019
Tourism numbers don’t lie— Cayman’s stay over visitor numbers have improved year over year for the past decade. According to the most recent figures from the Department of Tourism, 51,590 visitors stayed over in Cayman in July, which is the largest number for this month on record, and one of the highest months historically— contributing to the 332,294 recorded overnight visitors this year, to July 2019.
And in keeping with the statistical trends, the media coverage has been phenomenal. According to the world’s most respected resources for travel information, the Cayman Islands is one of the best Islands in the world for stay over, cruise, safety, scuba, snorkelling and affordability.
Here are just a few of the rankings.
1. TripAdvisor's 25 Best Caribbean Island Getaways for 2019
2. No. 8 on the Best Beaches in the World list by TripAdvisor's 2019 Travelers' Choice Awards
3. Best Caribbean Beaches for 2019 by Forbes
4. No. 3 on The World's Best Beaches to Visit on a Cruise by cruisecritic.com (August 2019)
5. No. 1 on the 19 best islands to visit in the Caribbean for 2019 by Caribbean Journal
6. No. 1 for the best Caribbean airlines (Cayman Airways) and top Speciality and Leisure Airlines (Cayman Airways) within North America in TripAdvisor’s 2019 Travellers’ Choice Awards
7. No. 6 on the top 10 places to visit in the Caribbean for 2019-20, by U.S. News & World Report.
8. No. 3 on Coastal Living’s The 11 Best Caribbean Islands To Visit in 2019
9. Best Snorkelling Spots in the Caribbean, by U.S. News & World Report (January 2019)
10. Cayman Airways was voted the Best Airline in Caribbean Journal’s Traveller’s Choice Awards, 2019
11. No. 4 for the Caribbean and the Atlantic in Conde Nast Traveler's best islands in the world 2019
12. Travel Pulse’s 30 Safest Places To Travel in 2019
13. 8 Affordable Warm-Weather Getaways From New York City by the Culturetrip.com (July 2019)
14. No. 1 on The 8 Safest Travel Destinations in the Caribbean Right Now by Oyster.com (August, 2019)
15. No. 2 in Best Overall Dive Destinations in the 2019 Scuba Diving Magazine Readers Choice Awards