Do you want to donate to the Bahamas? Here's how
Clean-up and restoration operations are underway in the Bahamas after the islands were ravaged have by Hurricane Dorian.
Cayman, along with other Caribbean islands, has mobilized to help relief efforts in the devastated islands.
And now local authorities are encouraging those who want to personally help those affected by the disaster to donate to relief organisations involved with the Hurricane Dorian aftermath. These organisations are best equipped to coordinate and direct donations from the public.
If you would like to make a donation for relief efforts, you are encouraged to contact local relief agencies that will be able to provide the best and fastest assistance to the people of The Bahamas in Freeport & Marsh Harbour.
The following organisations are Bahamas National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA)-approved relief agencies:
- NEMA www.bahamas.gov.bs/nema
- ROTARY INTERNATIONAL www.rotarybahamas.com
- BAHAMAS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE www.thebahamaschamber.com
- BAHAMAS RED CROSS www.bahamasredcross.org
- AMERICAN RED CROSS www.redcross.org
- SALVATION ARMY www.salvationarmybahamas.org
- CARIBBEAN DISASTER EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY www.cdema.org