Here are all the road closures for National Heroes Day weekend
As we mark National Heroes Day next week, several roads will be closed from Friday evening until Monday night to facilitate the celebrations.
The Cayman Islands Government, in conjunction with Premier Alden McLaughlin, Culture Minister Dwayne Seymour, and Celebrate Cayman, will be hosting National Heroes Day Celebrations in central George Town, on Monday, January 27 (Public Holiday) starting at 9 am,
Due to this ceremony, the following roads will be closed from 6 pm Friday, January 24, until 9 pm on Monday, January 27, to allow for setup and breakdown, and temporarily re-opened between 12 am and 12 pm on Saturday, January 25.
1. The top of Fort Street at the junction of Fort Street and North Church Street
2. The bottom of Fort Street by the Clock Tower
3. Edward Street at the junction of Edward Street and Main Street
4. The end of Edward Street, at the junction of Edward Street and Cardinall Avenue
5. Albert Panton Street at the junction of Albert Panton Street and Cardinall Avenue
Customers will have access to businesses and banking for those establishments opened on Saturday and the Holiday Monday.
This is a time when the country will reflect upon our proud past and embrace the future as a united people. The 2020 celebration will honour those who pioneered the establishment of our first written Constitution; herald the first four women who bravely stood in the 1959 election; and recognize our National Heroes.
If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact the Protocol Office via email at email@example.com by phone at 244-3613.