New curfew order: No beach for the next two weeks
Cayman’s existing soft curfew or shelter in place order comes to an end at 5 am tomorrow.
A new curfew order will be imposed from tomorrow, April 17 at 7 pm.
The stipulations of the new soft curfew or shelter in place order are as follows:
- Soft curfew, based on the ongoing alphabetised system will continue at this time with 90-minutes of non-beach-related exercise allowed on all days except for Sundays. Individuals will be allowed to pick up food from Monday thru Saturday regardless of surname.
- Sunday April 19 and 26 will be a full hard curfew. Only essential services personnel will be allowed out during these days.
- Exercise will now be allowed between 5.15 am and 6.45 pm. Individuals will not be allowed to drive to exercise points anymore.
- There is a full hard lockdown on ALL activities on all public beaches until 5 am on May 1.
- The new curfew order will come to an end on May 1 2020.
A breach of these laws is a fine of $3,000 or a year’s imprisonment or both.
"Bringing the economy back is more of a reversible thing than bringing people back to life," said the Premier, quoting Bill Gates.