New curfew hours & all the changes now in effect
Alana Fearon Created : 7 June 2020
Premier Alden McLaughlin has revealed the further lifting of restrictions which are in effect from today (June 7).
The main points are as follows:
- Hard curfew - on Grand Cayman and Cayman Brac moves to 10 pm - 4.30 am
- Gatherings - Groups can gather up to six people. No changes in Cayman Brac.
- Exercise - From Sunday you can exercise with up to five people not from the same household for up to two hours between 4.45 am and 9 pm.
- You can exercise on the beach, swim in the sea, fish from the shoreline on ANY day of the week
- In Grand Cayman and Cayman Brac, you can go fishing with up to six people in a boat from Sunday
- But you can't travel for pleasure between the islands
- It is also prohibited to congregate or visit Starfish Point, Rum Point, the Sandbar, or Stingray City
- Restaurants who can provide open air seating can reopen from Sunday. Tables must be a minimum 8ft apart, the maximum group size is 6 and customers from different households must sit 6ft apart. Employees must wear masks and sanitisation stations must be set up
- Customers must wear masks when not seated at their tables
- Restaurants and bars must only operate until 9 pm